WageIndicator Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times 2020-2021
Data Set Description
WageIndicator is interviewing people around the world to discover what makes the Coronavirus lockdown easier (or tougher), and what is the COVID-19 effect on our jobs, lives and mood.
WageIndicator shows coronavirus-induced changes in living and working conditions in over 110 countries on the basis of answers on the following questions among others in the Corona survey:
Is your work affected by the corona crisis?
Are precautionary measures taken at the workplace?
Do you have to work from home?
Has your workload increased/decreased?
Have you lost your job/work/assignments?
The survey contains questions about the home situation of respondents as well as about the possible manifestation of the corona disease in members of the household. Also the effect of having a pet in the house in corona-crisis times is included.
The data will be updated regularly at noon Mondays to Fridays.
Scope of Data Set
Time Periods: March 2020 - June 2022
WageIndicator Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times 2020-2021.Researchers working with the “WageIndicator Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times” are obligated to acknowledge the data base and its documentation within their publications, including the DOI, by using this reference.
- De Pedraza, P., Guzi, M., & Tijdens, K.G. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic. MUNI ECON Working Papers 2020-03, Masaryk University
- De Pedraza Garcia, P., Guzi, M. & Tijdens, K. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic, EUR 30243 EN, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, ISBN 978-92-76-19341-8 (online), doi:10.2760/755327 (online), JRC120822.
- De Pedraza P. de, Guzi, M., & Tijdens, K. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic. Joint Research Center Technical Report.
- De Pedraza, P., Guzi, M., & Tijdens, K. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic (No. 544). GLO Discussion Paper.
- WageIndicator Foundation. (2020). Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times. Codebook and Explanatory Note. Amsterdam, WageIndicator Foundation, March 30
- Witteveen, D. & Velthorst, E. (2020). Economic hardship and mental health complaints during COVID-19. PNAS Oct. 2020.
- Team Research & Data Viz: Living & Working in Corona Times
- WageIndicator Foundation
Cross section survey dataRight:
Access to the data is provided to non-for-profit research, replication and teaching purposes. The data is available from the Research Data Center of IZA (IDSC).
Please contact IDSC for any access requests.
ALBANIA ALGERIA ANGOLA ARGENTINA AUSTRALIA AUSTRIA AZERBAIJAN BAHAMAS BAHRAIN BANGLADESH BELARUS BELGIUM BENIN BOLIVIA BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA BOTSWANA BRAZIL BULGARIA BURKINA FASO BURUNDI CAMBODIA CAMEROON CANADA