WageIndicator Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times 2020-2021
Data Set Description
WageIndicator is interviewing people around the world to discover what makes the Coronavirus lockdown easier (or tougher), and what is the COVID-19 effect on our jobs, lives and mood.
WageIndicator shows coronavirus-induced changes in living and working conditions in over 110 countries on the basis of answers on the following questions among others in the Corona survey:
Is your work affected by the corona crisis?
Are precautionary measures taken at the workplace?
Do you have to work from home?
Has your workload increased/decreased?
Have you lost your job/work/assignments?
The survey contains questions about the home situation of respondents as well as about the possible manifestation of the corona disease in members of the household. Also the effect of having a pet in the house in corona-crisis times is included.
The data will be updated regularly at noon Mondays to Fridays.
Scope of Data Set
Time Periods: March 2020 - April 2021
WageIndicator Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times 2020.
- De Pedraza, P., Guzi, M., & Tijdens, K.G. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic. MUNI ECON Working Papers 2020-03, Masaryk University
- De Pedraza Garcia, P., Guzi, M. & Tijdens, K. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic, EUR 30243 EN, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, ISBN 978-92-76-19341-8 (online), doi:10.2760/755327 (online), JRC120822.
- De Pedraza P. de, Guzi, M., & Tijdens, K. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic. Joint Research Center Technical Report.
- De Pedraza, P., Guzi, M., & Tijdens, K. (2020). Life Dissatisfaction and Anxiety in COVID-19 pandemic (No. 544). GLO Discussion Paper.
- WageIndicator Foundation. (2020). Survey of Living and Working in Coronavirus Times. Codebook and Explanatory Note. Amsterdam, WageIndicator Foundation, March 30
- Witteveen, D. & Velthorst, E. (2020). Economic hardship and mental health complaints during COVID-19. PNAS Oct. 2020.
- Team Research & Data Viz: Living & Working in Corona Times
- WageIndicator Foundation
Cross section survey dataRight:
Access to the data is provided to non-for-profit research, replication and teaching purposes only.
The data is available from the International Data Service Center (IDSC) of IZA. Please contact IDSC for any access requests.
We also kindly ask researchers using the data to send us their paper, or a link to their paper. We will continuously upload or add links to these papers to inform the research community about ongoing progress and related work.
ALBANIA ALGERIA ANGOLA ARGENTINA AUSTRALIA AUSTRIA AZERBAIJAN BAHAMAS BAHRAIN BANGLADESH BELARUS BELGIUM BENIN BOLIVIA BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA BOTSWANA BRAZIL BULGARIA BURKINA FASO BURUNDI CAMBODIA CAMEROON CANADA